I like lists. I like setting goals. So I was inspired by this list via Making it Lovely. Of course, the nature of this list totally depends on your proximity to 30. I have 4 years to go (I’m counting up until the day I turn 31 for this list) so, Lord willing, there are a few things I’d like to do!
Here is my list of 30 things I’d like to do before I’m 30 years old:
1. Have at least 3 kids. 4 if I can convince Sean.
2. Build our farmhouse.
3. Send an art portfolio to a variety of publishers to be considered as an illustrator.
4. Bake a pie. Saskatoon berry… yum!
5. Train myself to hang up my towel after my shower. (I’ve been trying to do this since year 1 of marriage.)
6. Go combining on my own.
7. Pay off my student loan.
8. Go to an NFL game.
9. Print off Blurb albums for all my babies.
11. Get my driver’s license. oy.
12. Run 10K in under an hour. 10.03 K in 54 min. on October 16, 2010!
13. Hug my brothers.
14. Read through the Bible start to finish.
15. Learn to use my camera on manual mode. This needs work, but I’ve been using it mostly on manual these days!
16. Learn how to box. If I’m 29 and a half and still haven’t done this, taking a kick-boxing class will suffice.
17. Create pottery again.
18. Improve my posture.
19. Plant my own vegetable garden.
20. Find a really great haircut for me.
21. Be able to draw people in motion proficiently.
22. Have a recycling station set up at home for plastics, metal, paper, and compost.
Make holobtsi (Ukrainian cabbage rolls) like my great grandma’s. May 20th, 2011… but my technique needs some work! :)
Own a cool pair of rubber boots (found my perfect turquoise Hunter wellies!) and my own Carhartts
25. Sew Christmas stockings for my whole family.
26. Organize all my iphoto pictures properly.
27. Write and direct an Easter play for the kids at church.
28. Find, and buy, and wear the perfect white dress shirt. (This has been a long quest.)
Figure out a 29th goal. Host a ridiculously fabulous outdoor dinner party
30. Be more in love with my husband than ever before.