Progress is happening little-by-little in the nursery makeover!
After attacking the laundry room I used the momentum to organize the nursery closet. It’s nothing to behold, but it is organized with room to spare! We’re going to add a second rod to hang clothes on and then it should work swimmingly for 2 kiddos. (The nice thing about a circa 1970’s condo is the big rooms and big closets!)
And I’ve been able to accomplish some fun projects too! The drapes are finished:
I sewed my usual tab-back pleated drapes, which are sooo easy and look lovely.
And my dad and I finished the bed a while back (Little M loves it!).
I also have the rug, which I’ll try out this week in the room.
What else is on the to-do list?
- Create some pretty bedding for the crib (skirt, fitted sheet, small quilt perhaps)
- Sew some pillow cases for throws and bolsters
- Create a fabulous and cheap new mobile for above the crib
- Paint the side table and change table (I’m opting for cream rather than red… just feeling like I need them to blend and let all of the colourful and patterned fabrics be the “pop” in the room.)
- Switch out some artwork and arrange it
…and I think that’s it! T-minus 64 days until Baby #2!